Monday, January 09, 2012

Just Takes 2 Quilt Along


There's a great quilt along that has just started at the beginning of this year.  It is being organized by Gay Bomers of Sentimental Stitches and Brenda Papadakis of Dear Jane fame.  They were inspired by the red and white quilts from the Infinite Variety quilt exhibit last year in New York.  They have created a free quilt along using blocks featured in some of the quilts from that exhibit.  Gay will offer a set of block patterns on her website on the first of the month, and Brenda will offer the next set of patterns on her website on the 15th of each month.  The patterns will remain free on their sites for a month, then they will charge a small fee for them after that.  So it pays to get in early!  They have all the basic information and FAQ's you need on the main Just Takes 2 website.

I've already finished the first set of blocks (posted here) and I can't wait for the next set to become available.  I decided to do mine in blue and white instead of red and white.  My plan is to make this entire quilt from my stash, and not buy anything for it.  We'll see how I do!

Join me - it'll be fun!

No comments: