Monday, January 12, 2015

Design Wall Monday 01/12/15


Well I didn't get any sewing done this past week.  I have a few projects that are ready for me to work on, but I just couldn't get to them.  One of the projects that I am planning on is a free Mystery Block of the Month with Pat Sloan.  I've always liked her patterns and she designs some great fabric, too!  My sister and I wanted a project to work on at the same time - to keep us motivated.  I found this one that just started in January and I think it will be a fun one.  Over the weekend I finally pulled some fabrics.  I got the butterfly print over the holidays using a gift certificate that I got for my birthday.  I loved it, but didn't have a project in mind, so I bought a couple of yards figuring I might use it as a border for something.  I think it will be great for this project.  I decided that most of the quilt will be somewhat scrappy, so I can use my stash.  I pulled a few fat quarters that I can start with.  I'll add some blues as well.  I'm getting excited about this one!!

Also starting back up this week is Mystery Mondays over at the This & That blog.  This one has a clue every week on Mondays.  Last week had the supply list and this week is the first clue.  I need to pull fabric for that one as well.  I'll go scrappy on that one too - just need to decide on a color scheme first.

I'm looking forward to a year of new projects!

Be sure to check out Judy L's blog to see what everyone has on their design walls today!

No comments: