Monday, February 09, 2015

Design Wall Monday 02/09/15

 
I finished February's block for Pat Sloan's mystery BOM project.  It is a very unusual block.  I struggled with the colors, but I think I like how it turned out.  I really need to pull some other colors into these blocks.  My inspiration fabric also has two shades of blue, and some dark brown accents in it.  I just couldn't figure out how to get those colors in this block and have it still look good.  And speaking of struggling - Saturday was just not my day to sew.  I cut the pieces wrong, I marked the pieces wrong, and then I sewed the wrong pieces together.  It was all salvageable, but by the time I sewed the wrong colors together, I just had to call it a day and fix and sew the block on Sunday.  I hate days like that.  Below are the January and February blocks together.
 

Today I'll work on the Mystery Mondays project from This & That.  I'm behind because I couldn't decide on a color palette.  I pulled some fabrics out of my stash and I'll give it a go tonight in class.  Of course I've already changed my mind again, but I didn't pack up any other fabrics, so I'll move ahead with what I have.

Be sure to check out Judy L's blog to see what people have on their design walls today!

No comments: