Monday, May 11, 2015

Design Wall Monday 05/11/15

 
 
Just one small block on my Design Wall today.  If you can believe it, I've been sick yet again this past week.  I guess my body is catching up from not being sick for well over a year.  I had just gotten back from an out-of-town funeral, so I'm assuming I picked something up on our trip.  However, I was able to get to a couple of quilt shops while we were gone (I needed something to brighten my spirits!) and acquired a bit more fabric than I intended.  But before I get to that, I made my first Farm Girl Vintage block (above).  I chose to make the 6 inch version.  I hadn't quite decided on a color scheme for the quilt yet, and I'm not sure that I will make the whole quilt in the colors of this block.  I may still reconsider and re-make this block in different colors.  But I needed to sit down and sew something over the weekend.  It is a very easy block to put together.  The hardest part was choosing the fabrics.  I think I spend way too much time deciding on fabrics.  It's a small block and looks lonely on my design wall, but hopefully, when I'm feeling better, I will have many more to keep it company.
 

So back to the fabric enhancement.  Whoo boy!  First, I'm collecting grey fabrics for a future project, so that was kind of the focus of my shopping.  The blues in the center were all in the sale bin, so I couldn't resist those!  The other fat quarters just struck me and whenever I hesitate, I am sorry later, so I went for it.  The charm packs are ones I have seen before and again, did not want to pass them up this time.  Now the bigger piece was actually something I had ordered that came in this week.  It was on sale at Hancock's of Paducah for $4.00 a yard.  I think it is just beautiful and so I bought 2 yards.  I can pull the colors for a future project and use this as the border.

I'm on the mend, but still tired from being sick.  Hopefully I can get down to business and have some good sewing time soon.

Be sure to check out Judy L's blog to see what everyone is working on today!

1 comment:

Charlene S said...

Being sick does take the energy out of you! Just take it easy for a while so you don't relapse again.