Monday, July 06, 2015

Design Wall Monday 07/06/15


I'm still hanging in there on the Farm Girl Vintage sew along!  I got the Feed and Seed block (above) finished on Friday.  I had the entire block made earlier in the week except for sewing on one of the outer rows.  I could tell it wasn't going to fit, so I put off sewing it on.  I was off on Friday for the holiday and decided to tackle it.  I made a minor adjustment in on of the seams and then it went together no problem.  Lots of pieces in that one!


Then I got down to business on the Fresh Pears block. I thought I'd breeze through this one, but there are a lot of pieces in this one too!  It looks a little funky right now due to the seam allowances around the outside, but it will look great when sewn into the quilt.

Next up are flying geese and the gingham block.  I have the fabrics chosen for the gingham block already.  I just need to cut out and sew.  I'll use scraps I've been saving from the other blocks to make the flying geese block.

Be sure to check out Judy L's blog to see what everyone is working on today!

1 comment:

scraphappy said...

Great progress on your blocks. Keeping up with quilt alongs can be challenging.