Monday, July 13, 2015

Design Wall Monday 07/13/15


I have a few new additions to the Farm Girl Vintage sew along quilt.  So far, so good on keeping up with the sew along!  The three I've added are the Furrows Block (below), which consisted of 8 flying geese units.  I'm trying to sneak in some of the larger scale prints from my charm packs.  With all of the tiny pieces, it is a challenge to use the charms with large prints.


Next up is the Gingham Block.  I searched around in my fabric stash for two shades of the same color that would bring out the gingham look.  I think I did okay.  I've been using a lot of orange in the blocks, so I think I'll try to stay away from that color for a while.  I don't want the quilt to be too dominantly orange.


And finally I made the Grandma's Quilt Block.  I have been keeping all of the smallest scraps from cutting the previous blocks, and I was able to use some in this block.


I have the next block cut out and just need to sew it together.  It is a quick one, so I should have that one done in no time.  What a fun summer sewing project!!

Be sure to check out Judy L's blog to see what everyone has on their design walls today!

No comments: