Monday, August 03, 2015

Design Wall Monday 08/03/15


Two more blocks finished in the Farm Girl Vintage sew along.  I love my blue chicken!  I was trying to even out the colors in the quilt top, and decided I didn't want to make it yellow or orange.  So I chose blue.  A couple of years ago my husband and I took a trip to England, and there was a sculpture of a blue rooster in Trafalgar Square.  Now I know my hen doesn't look much like the sculpture, but I kept thinking of it when I was making the block.  I'll embroider the eye when I finish the blocks.


Next up was Milking Day.  I got to use up some more of the scraps from the other blocks.

I did some other sewing this weekend as well.  My quilting class is starting up in September and I need to get those class projects going.  I finished up a pillow and wrote out some cutting directions for a couple of projects.  I'm trying to stay ahead of it this year so I'm not sewing at the last minute!

Be sure to check out Judy L's blog to see what is on everyone else's design walls this week!

3 comments:

Robin said...

Happy hen!

Kate said...

I love the blue rooster! Beautifully done!

carol fun said...

Cute blocks! I have a friend who's brother when to some university I think in Deleware and their mascot was the Fighting Blue Hens... he'd love this block too!