Monday, December 28, 2015

Design Wall Monday 12/28/15


I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and holiday weekend!  I fully intended to have a Christmas blog post, but the day came and went in a flurry of activity and it didn't happen.  Part of the flurry was finishing this little quilt that I gave to my Mom for Christmas.  On Thursday I still had to put the outer border on and then layer and quilt.  The only thing I had left to do was put the binding on when this picture was taken.  The binding was the same dark brown fabric as the border, so it looks pretty much the same here as when it was finished.  The final size was roughly 12" square.  I have to admit that once it was finished I had a hard time giving it up!

This was made from a sew along on the Temecula Quilt Company blog.  I added four extra blocks to make it square.

Now I need to get moving on a couple of projects for my quilt class.  I have some pieces sewn, but I haven't gotten very far.  Fortunately I have another four day weekend coming up, so I can really dedicate some time to those.

Be sure to check out Judy L's blog to see what everyone is working on today. I'll also link up with Let's Be Social on Wednesday and Quilt Story on Tuesday.

2 comments:

Tami Von Zalez said...

It is hard to give up our creations - they are like fabric babies! So much love and attention goes into them.

Visiting you from the Crazy Mom Quilts linkup.

www.thriftshopcommando.blogspot.com

Robin said...

So tiny! It turned out great! :) Merry Christmas!!!