Monday, January 25, 2016

Design Wall Monday 01/25/16


I saw this block recently and really liked it.  It is really easy to make, so I am using it for the Block Lottery for my class.  Other than that, no sewing again for me.  One day after work I did get the itch to work on something, so I cut out a block for my Farm Girl Vintage quilt.  I got all of the pieces cut and planned to sew them together the next day, but that didn't happen.  I'm hoping to get it sewn together tonight.  I'm bummed that I have not had much to show on my blog lately.  I think about sewing all day during work, but by the time I get home I'm usually too tired.  Hopefully when it starts warming up and stays light later, I'll be able to sew after work.  I did really well last year and got a lot accomplished, so I hope to get back in that groove.

I did make a really good soup yesterday.  It was butternut squash soup made in the crock pot.  It has a green apple in it that made it a little sweet.  I will definitely make it again, but I will probably use chicken stock instead of vegetable stock.  Good stuff!

Be sure to check out Judy L's blog to see what everyone is working on today. Also linking up with Let's Bee Social on the Sew Fresh Quilts blog on Wednesday, and Quilt Story on Tuesday.

1 comment:

Zenia Rene said...

Hi Kathy, that looks like a fun and easy block for the lottery class. I hope you get to sew soon. Hang in there. The butternut squash soup sounds delicious! I pinned the recipe to my board in pinterest!